rss feed

Reverb 10 #7 - Community

December 7 – Community Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
Part of Reverb10

Brickworks_Halloween_Fiesta-2

This is a big, important word for me. I know I am lacking in community where I currently am. I've lived in Toronto for over 10 years and have yet to really find, make or connect with community here. There have been flashes of it, but nothing meaningful or permanent.

I try to not get too involved in online communities - I know I need real life and leave online exchanges feeling somewhat empty.

I know a lot of people in this city. People I meet are always surprised by how many people I know - but I don't really have many deep meaningful friendships. I have piles of acquaintances. A lot of people know (of) me. I know a lot of people on a deeper than superficial level - mostly because I pay attention and ask a lot of questions.

Not many people know me.

So I'm trying to figure out ways to improve that part of my life. I'm guessing that instead of continuing to try to build it here - perhaps I need to move to where I already have it.

I don't think those who have or have always had community realize what a big deal it is.

Those of us who do not have it - we definitely know what a big deal it is.

Community can be a life saver.

/<.

No Response to "Reverb 10 #7 - Community"

Post a Comment

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . click on any photo to view it on flickr

..all content and images copyright kanchan maharaj inHerEye photography. stealing is bad. very bad..