rss feed

Reverb10 - avoidance

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)

Ugh.

El Chalten December 20

I am writing this from Patagonia after a day of hiking in torrential downpours and gale force winds.

I had a lot of time to think during the 6 hour hike.

About the things I wanted, and needed and what I was going to do about it all

The answer to this question is easy. I know exactly what it is. I know that I've avoided it because I've always thought I needed another person in my life to do it. At least the way I want to do it.

It is hard.

One of the hardest and most rewarding things most people say they have wet done.

And the thought of doing it alone scares me. Like, a lot. Which is why I've been trying to set my life up as ideal as possible before I do it, if I'm going to do it alone.

But my life will never be perfect or ideal.

This will always be scary.

But I still don't know if I can do it ... Alone.

/<.

El Chalten December 21-3

1 Response to "Reverb10 - avoidance"

gravatar
Unknown Says:

If you are talking about what I would guess you are talking about, you are right that your life will never be perfect or ideal. Everyone I know who has done it says that (even the ones who didn't do it alone). So...do it!

(Of course, we could be talking about completely different things.)

p.s. I hope the trip is awesome!

Post a Comment

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . click on any photo to view it on flickr

..all content and images copyright kanchan maharaj inHerEye photography. stealing is bad. very bad..