rss feed

Three Six Five

I've always thought of doing a Project 365 Photography Challenge - one photo a day for a year. Goodness knows I shoot close to that without having a challenge tell me to do it.

I kept trying to think of an angle to make it a bit challenging and interesting for me. Force myself to work under some pre-determined constraint and in the process become a better photographer.

I thought of doing self portraits, or making every photo at F9.0 - something I rarely do. I usually shoot with my lens wide open.

And while I was doing all of this thinking... days were passing by.

Too Thinky.

So I decided to just get on with it.

The only constraints I placed on it were that I had to make every photo with my $120 discontinued Point and Shoot Camera and I had to try and make each photo tell a story of a day in the life of me.

Here are the first four. I'll tell you the stories for these few, but don't get used to it. I started this on November 11, 2010 - and I will end it on November 11, 2011 - 11/11/11.

No, it was totally unintentional.

Day 1/365
Remembrance_Humber- 1/365

I went for a long walk with another photographer friend along the waterfront on Remembrance Day. We wanted to catch the afternoon light - and the sunset did not disappoint. We ended the evening resting our feet and laughing our faces off over dinner on West Queen West.

Day 2/365
FogTO 2/365

It was a foggy, foggy day in Toronto on Friday. Like, crazy fog. I got on the subway in sunlight north of the city - when I got downtown it looked like late evening due to the fog. But way up in the sky I could see signs of the blue sky I saw before I came downtown.

Day 3/365
Butler's Pantry view of Roncy 3/365

I spent Saturday on Roncesvalles. Coffee, Brunch, Wandering. Roncy is a mess these days with the construction and many once-popular shops unable to survive with the drastically reduced pedestrian traffic. I had brunch at Butler's Pantry and took off my $30 prescription glasses from Pakistan. I've bought all my eye glasses from this place for the past 5 years. In Canada, my -6.0 astigmatized glasses cost around $250-$300. I can get 10 pairs for that from Goggles4U - and I don't feel so bad when I accidentally sit on a pair.

Day 4/365
The View From Here - 4/365

Today was my first lame day. I spent most of the day on the computer editing photos and staring out my huge window to relieve my eyes. I bought my place years ago because of the awesome view. I have huge windows that face south over the Humber River. I'm on the top floor of a 19 floor building, at the end of the hall. It's nice. I spend a lot of time looking out of of this window.

My computer screen and some of the artwork collected from my travels is reflected in the view.

A certain friend who is also doing a 365, but is much further along than I am, shoots photos of the contents of her purse when she gets "desperate".

I hope my window shot will not become my desperation shot.

Or maybe I'll have to buy a purse...

/<.

The whole set - as it builds and progresses.. is here. The slide show will automatically update:



Or you can view it full-screen here

No Response to "Three Six Five"

Post a Comment

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . click on any photo to view it on flickr

..all content and images copyright kanchan maharaj inHerEye photography. stealing is bad. very bad..